Sunday, February 17, 2013

Give to God What is Gods...

I know it has been a little while and I have lots to catch  you all up on.  I have been learning some really awesome things about finance the last few months and I want to share that with you first.  I will have some more posts to catch you up over the next few weeks.

So I realized after I had been working for a little while that I needed to start planning for my future financially, and figure out what I needed to do to ensure I don't ever end up in the financial mess I found myself in again. My first step was tithing.  I know that you might wonder about that but I can ensure you that when you faithfully give to the Lord his portion, He will faithfully give back and then some! Not once since I started tithing regularly have I had to worry about having enough money to pay my bills! Some months I have extra income left at the end of the month and I'm not sure where it came from! God truly does reward faithfulness!

10 Bring to the storehouse a full tenth of what you earn so there will be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord All-Powerful. “I will open the windows of heaven for you and pour out all the blessings you need.
                                                                         Malachi 3:10

Next, I decided to complete the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University program, as I told you in a previous post.  My goal is to become debt free and so I decided to learn from the best on how to accomplish that goal.  I would recommend this program to every person I know, whether you feel you have your finances in order or not! It is just amazing.  There are several steps to becoming debt free in this program and I am right now working on step two, which is the debt snowball! 


The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
                                                                        Proverbs 22:7 

God has faithfully provided for me in abundance since I started trusting Him and honoring Him with my finances.  I have continually had more than enough and have been able to do things just in the last few months that would have never been possible a year ago.  It is so true that if you are faithful to the Lord, He is faithful to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment