Friday, November 18, 2011

My Mantra

A couple of months ago during on of my my many false starts to becoming more active in my spiritual growth I started reading a wonderful book with a women's bible study group at church. I stopped going and stopped reading the book and of course any positive advancement was totally lost.

The book is called Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God, by Sheila Walsh.  While I didn't follow through with the reading of this book at the time, I am going to finish reading it within the next few weeks and really try to apply it.  It is a great book about how being imperfect can make you a perfect vessel for God. She, like me, always tried to hide her insecurities and imperfections for fear that her family and friends would think less of her. I can relate. I feel like I am doing that all the time. I don't want to be that way anymore. Looking at the other families around me wondering why their relationships and lives seem so perfect when mine is in seemingly constant turmoil. I think the turmoil is caused by my perception of myself and my life. I have always been pretty pessimistic and I have a hard time seeing the good in situations.

While reading through the book before I had started writing a mantra for myself.  It is still written on my bathroom mirror although I do not say it as I should in order for it to have any positive affects. I hope to add to this as I grow and transform. It is

I am COURAGEOUS
I TRUST IN THE LORD
and I am BLESSED!

I believe a key factor to becoming an AMAZING GODLY WOMAN is to trust that GOD has a bigger plan for my life than I do and to TRUST the He will guide me.  He values me and loves me and wants me to be happy. If I will follow Him I will become amazing because He will be shining through me. To accomplish this I will start doing the following EVERY DAY!

  1. PRAY
  2. Read the Bible
  3. Repeat my mantra every time I look in a mirror.
I can do this. I know I can.

What do you hide about yourself that you are afraid others will judge you for?

Make your day GREAT and be BLESSED!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment